Senate Bill 272 (SB 272), requires local agencies to create and annually update a Catalog of Enterprise Systems and publicly make the Catalog available upon request of the designated office. The Catalog must also be accessible on the agency’s website, if the agency has one. An Enterprise System is defined as a system that contains information collected about the public and also serves as an original source of data.
The catalog will contain the following:
- Current system vendor;
- Current system product;
- A brief statement of the system’s purpose;
- A general description of categories or types of data;
- The department that serves as the system’s primary custodian;
- How frequently system data is collected; and
- How frequently system data is updated.
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.
Enterprise Catalog (1).pdf