CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The Mark Twain Healthcare District is now hiring front and back office Medical Assistants (MA) to work full-time in our new outpatient Valley Springs Health & Wellness Center. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of an innovative team, providing improved access, health and wellness for our customers and our community.
The Medical Assistant performs administrative, clerical and clinical duties under the direction of the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the RN and Clinic Manager. As a member of the health care team, the front office MA performs duties in their capacity for the care of patients in a primary care outpatient clinic, including:
- Greet patients in a courteous manner and explain clinic procedures
- Direct calls to appropriate individuals and departments
- Verify insurance and collect payments
- Make individual appointments as requested by the patients and as schedules will allow
- Receive patients and accompany them to vital sign area or treatment room
- Accurately charts patient problems using electronic health records system
- Take vitals, measurements
- Maintain an empathetic and courteous attitude toward patients and patient visitors
- Work effectively under stress or in emergency situations
- Clean rooms and equipment after each examination and prepare for next patient following appropriate infection control techniques
- Review the visit notes and identify items for action
- Perform CLIA lab tests
- Prep exam rooms for providers and patients
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic, positive outlook, professional attitude and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited vocational school or college; AND High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years' experience working as a Medical Assistant in a Family Practice setting preferred
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Protect patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA rules and regulations
- Experience with all ages, including pediatrics preferred
- Phlebotomy/lab experience preferred
- Prior experience as a Medical Receptionist and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle high call volume
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with electronic health records
- Experience with Medi-Cal, Medicare and other insurance plans preferred
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
To apply, please email a cover letter and a resume.
Or please submit via fax at 1(209) 754-2537. Please no phone inquiries or drop-ins.
This position requires walking, standing, and sitting for prolonged periods of time; stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching; pushing, pulling and lifting up to 30 pounds; raising objects overhead; manual dexterity for operation of computer, phones and small office machines; hearing, talking, and good verbal and written communication skills; repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and fingers. This position requires the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Employment is contingent on passing post-offer physical (including TB test), background check and drug testing.
STUDENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Mark Twain Health Care District is searching for a program coordinator to administer its “Robo-Doc” program, which provides medically related telehealth services to local schools, and its “Let’s All Smile” program, which provides free dental care to students. The Program Coordinator will also be expected to assist the Clinic Manager on other tasks.
The job location is at the Valley Springs Health & Wellness Center in Valley Springs. Employment is part-time averaging 20-30 hours per week Some travel within the County will be necessary. The work schedule can be somewhat flexible.
Optimal qualifications include: healthcare background, program development experience, desire to work with children and adolescents, communication skills, computer skills, and strong organizational skills. Wages will be commensurate with experience and range from $15-25/hr.
Applicants can send an e-mail to Peggy Stout email@example.com. (209) 754-4468. Please include your Curriculum vitae or résumé.
Full-time nurse practitioner for community clinic. Position is a family medicine position, with your own established panel of patients. Internist and pediatricians are in the clinic and available to help and mentor. Supervising physician will do some on-site teaching and case review each week. Wages at about $120k - $150k per year, depending on experience. Workload 15-20 patients per day, M-F with 1 office and 2 exam rooms. Benefits available (health, CEU's and 401k). MA's and office staff manage your referrals, TA's and Prior authorizations.
To be honest, the most important qualification is the desire to be part of a team that really does something special. The Valley Springs Health & Wellness Center.
- Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State of California.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certificate.
- Furnishing number issued by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association
Send Resume or curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be obtained at (209) 754-4468
Equal Opportunity: The Mark Twain Health District is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.