CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANTS
The Mark Twain Healthcare District is now hiring back office Medical Assistants (MA) to work full-time in our new outpatient Valley Springs Health & Wellness Center. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of an innovative team, providing improved access, health and wellness for our customers and our community.
The Medical Assistant performs administrative, clerical and clinical duties under the direction of the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the RN and Manager. As a member of the health care team, the front office MA performs duties in their capacity for the care of patients in a primary care clinic, including:
- Greets patients in a courteous manner and explain clinic procedures
- Directs calls to appropriate individuals and departments
- Verifies insurance and collect payments
- Makes individual appointments as requested by the patients and as schedules will allow
- Receives patients and accompany them to vital sign area or treatment room
- Accurately charts patient problems using electronic health records system
- Takes vitals, measurements
- Maintains an empathetic and courteous attitude toward patients and patient visitors
- Works effectively under stress or in emergency situations
- Chart preparation with attention to GIC
- Safely and accurately prepares and administers injections
- Cleans rooms and equipment after each examination and prepare for next patient following appropriate infection control techniques
- Understands and follows HIPAA and privacy laws
- Reviews the visit notes and identify items for action
- Performs CLIA-waived lab tests
- Preps exam rooms for providers and patients
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic, positive outlook, professional attitude and a willingness to learn and grow. Communicates effectively with patients and team members.
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited vocational school or college; AND High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years' experience working as a Medical Assistant in a Family Practice setting preferred
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Protect patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA rules and regulations
- Experience with all ages, including pediatrics preferred
- Phlebotomy/lab experience preferred
- Prior experience as a Medical Receptionist and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle high call volume
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with electronic health records
- Experience with Medi-Cal, Medicare and other insurance plans preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and a resume.
Or please submit via fax at 1(209) 754-2537. Please no phone inquiries or drop-ins.
This position requires walking, standing, and sitting for prolonged periods of time; stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching; pushing, pulling and lifting up to 30 pounds; raising objects overhead; manual dexterity for operation of computer, phones and small office machines; hearing, talking, and good verbal and written communication skills; repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and fingers. This position requires the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Employment is contingent on passing post-offer physical (including TB test), background check and drug testing.