During the last week we have made several changes to our normal routine at the Valley Springs Health & Wellness Center. These changes were instituted when we were notified that Coronavirus patients have been confirmed in Calaveras County.
- Patients who call, and match our screening criteria for Coronavirus, can be evaluated while they stay in their vehicles in the parking lot: nurses and doctors will come to your vehicle if you call ahead of time.
- Patients that meet symptom/examination criteria for Coronavirus can be tested at the clinic (throat swab taken); the sample is then sent to a central lab for processing; we also do on-the-spot testing for flu and strep.
- Patients who have chronic lung, heart, or diabetic diseases, and have been seen in the clinic previously, can call and we will provide medication refills, blood test orders and medical evaluations over the phone without coming into the clinic.
We also want to pass on some personal protective actions you can take:
- Stay home when sick.
- Clean and disinfect your home to remove germs: practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones).
- Use healthy habits to prevent respiratory diseases like COVID-19 o Cover cough with a tissue or sleeve
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. o Encourage handwashing by caregivers, family, and friends. o Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if water is not available. o Clean regularly touched surfaces often. o Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately. In adults, emergency warning signs include: §Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath § Persistent pain or pressure in the chest § New confusion or inability to arouse § Bluish lips or face
For the most up-to-date information, go to: Calaveras Public Health
We’re here for you.
Let us know what your medical needs are, and we’ll do everything we can to help you.
The Valley Springs Health & Wellness Team